The Gossip Shop and using CommentSold.
What is CommentSold purchasing?CommentSold is a quick way to claim and purchase items through Facebook and Instagram. Once you “claim” an item by saying it goes through an auto-invoicing system that collects your comments, gathers your claimed items into one cart and sends you the invoice for payment. Want an item that’s sold out? CommentSold helps manage waitlists and will send you an invoice if one comes available. Here’s how to use it.
How to use CommentSold:
- Find something you love and want to purchase!
- Comment exactly as The Gossip Shop post tells you to. There will be a few variables you will need to note like item, inventory number, size and color. Comment "sold" along with those variables. For example, Sold, Medium, Blue or Sold, 201, Medium, pink
- Receive confirmation. Almost instantly, the CommentSold system will let you know that your item(s) have been added to your cart. It will also let you know if your comment isn’t quite right or if your items has sold out. (NOTE: When purchasing for the first time, you will receive a notification through Facebook messenger to click a link and register to claim your item. The item will not be in your cart until you click that link and fill out the basic information.)
- Go to your CommentSold account and “CheckOut” (link sent in a comment under your “Sold” post) and Pay! If you pay within 1 hour of ordering, you will receive FREE Shipping. Also, all carts expire after 24 hours and items go to the next person on the waitlist.
- CELEBRATE! You got the items!! Woohoo!!
What else do you need to know?
- User Errors - The system will not accept the comment if it is typed incorrectly. You will know when you receive this message- “Our system can not determine the size or color option for your comment, please re-comment with correct size and color.” If your comment is incorrect the first time, try again…and again…and again! It’s a bit tricky at first but we are here to help and want to make sure you get the items you love!
- Sold Out Items & Wait List - Do NOT stress if the item you want is sold out. You can claim the item even if it is sold out! Claiming an item when it’s sold out puts you on the waitlist. When it is restocked, you will receive an email or Facebook message that it’s available.
- Cart Expirations – All Carts expire after 24 hours. This allows the next person in the waitlist to be notified that the item is available for purchase. Cart expirations are visible from your cart. You will see a countdown timer showing you how much time you have pay before that item gets removed from your cart.
- Waitlist Authorization - You can pre-authorize your card for the waitlist. This will bump you straight to the top of the queue for the items you’re waiting on. Once items you get waitlisted for comes back in stock, it will auto charge your card and your order will be completed at that time. If items are sold out, be sure to get on the waitlist! Often people will take things out of their cart or fail to make payments in time. You could be next in line! Also, the Gossip Shop restocks items so being on the waitlist puts you first in line when it’s restocked!
- Removing an Item from Your Cart - Click on the small trash can in the upper left corner of the item thumbnail. This also works if you want to take claimed items off the waitlist.